Crows vs Cats
Obviously the first entrant on the list this week, the guy who looked like he could go anywhere from Def, to Mid, to Fwd and always manage to pick something up, THE MEDICAB DRIVER. Not sure if this guy was drunk or wanted to give the actual injured guy Seeds a bit of a farewell tour, but my 94 year old blind grandad can drive better than this lad. TBH it’s amazing he still has his license.
Seeds looks lucky to have escaped serious injury, however won’t play again for a few rounds. Fun fact, in the last 3 weeks 4 players have injured their knee at Adelaide Oval.
- Prognosis – 2-6 weeks pending further scans
- Relevant Waiver – this could provide a better scoring role for Rory Atkins, who has so far been pretty underwhelming. Beware of a shift for Milera to the wing, which may see his output decrease.
Tim Kelly made his way to a respectable 94 before going down with a bit of an ankle injury. Chris Scott said he probably could have come back on if needed, which has lead to reports that he should be ok for next week. I’m a little more worried and am waiting to see how it pulls up.
- Prognosis – No Issue, but wait and see.
- Relevant Waiver – It would have been someone like Cunico, however he injured his ankle in the VFL and will be out for some time. If he misses, Cam Guthrie will come in.
Mark O’Connor copped a corked hip and sat out of the game after half time – though you wouldn’t have known.
- Prognosis – 2 weeks
- Relevant Waiver – Tuohy and Henry will both go close next week – though I doubt the former would be on a waiver, and the latter isn’t worth a pickup yet.
Demons vs Bombers
First mention of the year to My Eyes for actually watching this.
- Prognosis – Should have gone to Specsavers
- Relevant Waiver – Dossy’s lookin the good.
The *looks up basketball teams* Lakers will be disappointed that *looks up basketball players* Kobe is going to miss so many weeks with his hammy whomp. They won’t be anywhere near as good without their *looks up technical term* Quarterback.
- Prognosis – 10-12 weeks
- Relevant Waiver – Old mate runs to bench instead of defends will probably come back in.
Shaun Mckernan ded
- Prognosis – Hammy Whomp – 4-5 Weeks
- Relevant Waiver – Cale Hooker should be good to go next week
Carlton vs Sydney
The Worse Mcgovern went off in the third quarter with a hammy issue and never returned. Will be interesting to see if this is in anyway related to his pre-season back injury.
- Prognosis – 2-3 weeks
- Relevant Waiver – Kreuzer will go close, otherwise they will have to play Casboult again *shudder*
Will Hayward copped a heavy bump from Kade Simpson coming from opposite directions late in the second quarter and groggily left the field. This has since been revealed to be a broken jaw.
- Prognosis – Liquids only – 6 weeks
- Relevant Waiver – Ryan Clarke will likely get another opportunity.
McVeigh looks like he will miss some time with a high quad strain which he suffered in the final quarter.
- Prognosis – 4-8 weeks – He’s old and has soft tissue history…
- Relevant Waiver – Both the James’ (Rowbottom and Rose) had days out in the VFL. Expect one of them to come in, and between them or Ryan Clarke, fill the HB role.
GWS vs Richmond
Swear to god if Dusty gets a week for the white line fever gesture at Mummy, Tribunal will make their first appearance here.
Tommy Shelby missed most of the game with as calf injury, by order of the peaky fookin blinders! Was that a stretch? Tommy Sherridan? Shelby? Eh.
- Prognosis – 3 weeks
- Relevant Waiver – Callan Ward and Toby “Statesman’s Bae” Greene are in the wings ready to return next round.
Jayden Short did his best whacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man as he dislocated his elbow, then still went for a next effort.
- Prognosis – 5-8 weeks
- Relevant Waiver – Josh Caddy a likely inclusion after his return in the VFL this week, and Bachar Houli will be touch and go.
Rioli copped a massive knock to the ribs/hip but managed to play out the game. Keep an eye on this one.
Jeremy Cameron played out the game with a shoulder injury, keep an eye on it, because even though he kicked about a billion goals he looked like he struggled with it.
Lions vs Power
This little piggy went to market. This little piggy stayed home. This little piggy etc etc etc got knocked out. Eh. Don’t blame me for this effort. I’ve just had a massive Burrito.
- Prognosis – KTFO – 1 week
- Relevant Waiver – Jack Trengrove is bashing down the door in the two’s, dropping Tom Mitchell like disposal numbers. He might come in as coverage, and may stay if Willem Drew has another bad game. Keep an eye on teams and pick him up for a speccy.
Pies vs Eagles
Both teams look to have gotten away with no fresh concerns. The closest is Darcy Moore who hurt his ankle but returned to play out the game. Work keeping an eye on, but should play next week.
Dogs vs Suns
BOTH TEAMS LOOK TO HAVE COME AWAY UNSCATHED! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!
Lowkey though – welcome back 2018 Bulldogs.
Hawks vs Roos
There were a few concerns for the Hawks throughout the game, but all returned to play out the game. The main one from a fantasy relevance perspective was Taylor Lautner looking troubled by a hip complaint. Unfortunately hip issues generally stem from the knee’s, so this could be a lingering knee issue. It’s nothing at the moment, but one to watch in the next few rounds.
Dockers vs Saints
The biggest one here was a massive headknock to one of the games outright stars, Nathan Brown. He left the ground for the 20 minute concussion assessment, and later returned to play out the game. Also some guy named Nat Fyfe got completely KTFO. Legless.
- Prognosis – KTFO – 1 week
- Relevant Waiver – Fyfe’s exit saw some people getting some great scores – including pre-season bae Cerra and never bae Conca. Fyfe will miss next week, so either could be ok for a streamer.