Unfortunately for regular readers of Cam’s Injury Report, the great man is taking what we hope will be a brief hiatus from the #brand. All the family look forward to having him and his style back soon.
That means I’ll be filling in, no doubt copying and pasting the layout he has mastered, whilst screwing up the jokes he delivers with aplomb.
Magpies v Hawks
Stevie Fizz – I bumped my head when I fell asleep watching this shitfest.
- Prognosis – A sore head. Take 2 Panadol,
Bombers v Swans
Dyson Heppell was a late out with what was described as a foot injury. With limited news around it, we’ll have to wait and see what the deal is. It doesn’t sound bad since there’s been no club announcement and was only a late out, but feet injuries scare me.
- Prognosis – Wait for updates.
- Waiver – If Langford got dropped in your league, probably him.
Zach Merrett suffered a knock during the game but played on. His TOG was down but seemed ok. I only bring it up as he did endure a rough patch a couple of years ago after a concussion. Nothing to see here.
Suns v Tigers
Wil Powell suffered a knee injury which is likely to keep him out for the rest of the season, with scans to reveal the full extent of the injury.
- Prognosis – Rest of season.
- Waiver – Aaron Young had a solid day in the NEAFL with 3 snags and 25 disposals but yikes.
Crows vs Power
Travis Boak was a late withdrawal suffering back spasms. Despite this crushing fantasy owners, you’ll forgive him for the return he’s given you this year.
- Prognosis – He’ll be fine.
Jordan Gallucci suffered a concussion and sat for most of the game, rendering him unlikely for next week. Scott Lycett and Daniel Talia copped knocks early but returned to play out the game.
Dogs vs Cats
Jake ‘the better’ Kolodjashnij suffered a concussion early and took no further part in the match.
- Prognosis – A week at most
- Waiver – I mean, you weren’t even playing Jake, were you?
Brandan Parfitt was the required late out for Geelong this week.
Dockers vs Eagles
The Eagles went full Mola Ram on Freo, ripping their still beating heart from their chest, and watching it burst into flames. As punishment, the Dockers are being sent to Tassie. Wait, that seems like a reward!
Nat Fyfe got knock to the arm but played on, as did a couple of less than relevant for fantasy players. JJK was a late out because he’s pretty old or something. Nothing significant across the board.
Blues vs Demons
Plenty of carnage in this one, Tom McDonald being lost for the year with a knee injury
- Prognosis – Season
- Waiver – If you want a key forward in a bad team, go for Weideman but there’s a chance the Dees roll the split ruck with Preuss. Definite interest and their is a chance he could get fwd status for next season with enough games this year.
Marty Hore busted his collarbone in this one.
- Prognosis – 4-6 weeks
- Waiver – Kade Kolodjashnij maaaaaybe but yuck.
Max Gawn was a late out as expected with an ankle injury, I’d keep my eye on this but if you’re in a deep league there’s some merit in grabbing Preuss.
Matthew Kreuzer underwent a concussion test but played on.
Jacob Weitering copped a busted schnozz.
Kangaroos vs Saints
Mason Wood was on and off again but played out with a quad complaint.
Josh Battle suffered a groin injury, forcing him to leave the match early.
- Prognosis – 2+ weeks
- Waiver – Nathan Brown. Oh sorry, I meant no one. Well, Jimmy Webster is having trouble getting over his hand injury and would be interesting if he was right to go.
Giants vs Lions
Josh Kelly suffered a calf injury, forcing him to leave the match early.
- Prognosis – 2+ weeks
- Waiver – Whitfield looms likely to be a straight swap, otherwise Deledio has been in good touch and Hately is an option if pickings are thin.
Eric Hipwood got injured but not really relevant, the big issue will be Steve Coniglio who played out the match after copping a knee hyperextension before half time. He’s gone for scans, so stay aware. Good boost for Hopper, and Taranto was apparently struggling. Be mindful of late outs.